Is the space crunch at your place bothering you to the fullest? Then, it’s time for you to act smart and wise. Do you have a left over garage at home? Then, the solution is just before you!
If you’re counting on expanding your home and without forking out for a complete addition, converting your garage into a guest room or living room would perhaps be the best decision on your part. Trust me, it will be way cheaper than what it could have been! The fact that a garage already has a roof, a ceiling and four walls in its existing structure, not only makes it easy, but also opens up a number of lucrative options before you.
Nowadays, conversion has become a common solution to space crunch and people looking for affordable yet useful ideas to deal with the same has adopted this way out with a great poise. When a converted garage will give you more living space, it will also save you a huge amount. So, if you are all set to pave your way into this, the following guidelines are going to help you in more than one way-
- Well, the first thing you need to check out is whether your neighbourhood or community is fine with the idea of conversion- if they don’t have any objection with your car being parked outside, in case you are converting the existing garage of your house. The building permission controls should also come within your close watch, as approvals from the concerned authorities are something that’s required in the first place.
- Once you are done with the primary lookouts, remove all the garage fixtures like opening gears, cables, the door and every other article that could dole out an impression of garage.
- To bring out an aesthetic feeling, try to incorporate the same interior as well as exterior from the rest of the house, so that it becomes a close match to the new guest room.
- Insulation is again important though. Most of the garages come with no insulation system. So, before you go for a dry wall, insulate the space well in advance.
- What do you want your guestroom to be like? You can make space for your preferences just like the way you want. Whether you want a closet or a wardrobe, you can easily install the same according to your choices.
- Also, you would probably want to change the entrance of the garage to the main house. You can take help from the professionals and get it done perfectly by them.
- Also, you can slip in different designing articles like decorative curtains, chandeliers, wall hangings etc, in the room and make the space dazzle like never before!
Now that you are done with the entire process, it’s time for you to call your friends and make the best use of the guest room!
Mirror Ironing Board- A New Inclusion to Your Living Room
Beautiful Ways to Make a Unique Impression on Your Kitchen