RERA Registration Process and Fees for Real Estate Developers/ Promoters
The MahaRERA project registration fee for promoters is Rs. 10 per square meter or minimum of Rs. 50,000 only and maximum up to Rs. 10,00,000 only. This payment of registration fee can be done by NEFT or RTGS System or any other digital transaction mode.
Fees of Rs 10 Per square feet subject to a minimum of Rs 50,000/- only and maximum of Rs 10,000,00 only has to be paid for time extension for the completion of real estate project. This can be paid by NEFT or RTGS System or any other digital transaction mode.
To an extent the registration fees as specified by the regulation framed by Authority will be retained as administrative charges towards processing of application by the Authority and the remaining amount will be refunded to the promoter. The application can be withdrawn only before 30 days from the expiry date of the period from submission.
Last updated 20 july 2017
Latest clarification on application process
Authorities should decide on the registration application within 30 days
MahaRERA has developed a robust online system to apply for registration. However, builders and developers are committing some common mistakes while filling the project registration, resulting clarifications solicitation by MahaRERA. This is resulting in delay in registration of projects.
To avoid such issues and ensure a fast process of registration MahaRERA has given clarification as to how to apply for registration.
1. All documents provided should be clear and readable. Blurred documents are not accepted.
2. Declaration in Form B should be provided as per the prescribed format. Promoters are not allowed to remove or add any clause in the declaration.
3. Some fields in the application form are mandatory, against which information has to be submitted. However, even for rest of the fields which are mandatory, the promoter should provide as much information as possible. If a data field is kept blank, it shall be assumed that the concerned field is not applicable for the respective project and the value is nil or not applicable.
4. In case of document uploads, if a field is not applicable, then a self-declaration to the same effect shall be uploaded. Example: In case there are no encumbrances, a self-declaration to the same should be uploaded.
5. The promoter should ensure the veracity and completeness of all data and documents provided. The promoter should also ensure strict adherence to Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act, Rules, Regulations and MahaRERA Orders / Circulars issued there under, while submitting information and documents. Mere grant of registration by MahaRERA does not necessarily mean that the contents and documents are in conformity with the provisions of the Act, Rules, Regulations and MahaRERA Orders / Circulars. Even after registration, if it is brought to notice of MahaRERA there has been misleading/ incorrect information has been provided or documents do not adhere to Act, Rules, Regulations and MahaRERA Orders / Circulars, then necessary action shall be taken in such respect by MahaRERA.
6. It is hereby clarified that the period of 30 days mentioned in section 5 of the Act shall start only from the day on which the application for registration, complete in all respect, is received in the office of MahaRERA.
Also Read: RERA Guidelines For Real Estate Broker-Agent
Last updated 10 may 2017
A Promoter has to make an online application on the official website of RERA. All real estate projects must be registered with RERA, without which the promoter cannot market, book, sell, offer for sale or advertise the project.
Only those projects which are below 500sq meters, have proposed apartments less than 8, if the promoter has received completion certificate prior to commencement of RERA act and if the project is under renovation/redevelopment or repair and does not need marketing and has no new apartments buildings in it need not register with RERA.
The grant for registration under RERA is within 30 days
Failure to register would make it deemed registration
Application details for registration to disclose:
•Details of the enterprise including its name, registered address etc.;
•Details of the projects launched, in past 5 years including current status, details of cases pending, if any;
•Certified true copy of the commencement certificate from the appropriate authority (each phase);
•Layout plan -whole project and each phase sanctioned by appropriate authority;
•Development works plan and proposed facilities;
•Sample agreements proposed to be signed with the allottees;
•Number and the carpet area of apartments in the project;
•Names and addresses of real estate agents, if any, for the proposed project;
•Names and addresses of the contractors, architect, structural engineer, any other persons concerned with the development of the proposed project;
•Declaration, supported by an affidavit, signed by the Developer or any person authorized by the developer, stating: