Home is more than a structure made up of bricks and walls. Home is a place of comfort, security and moreover, it is our happy place. Nowadays, you must have seen on social media that a lot of people post their photos with their dear ones, captioning it as, ‘my happy place’. The feeling of happiness belongs to the sense of feeling secure and at peace. And so, it is very essential to have well-structured homes. But, how can you design the structure of your house? Look no further as Vastu Shastra comes to the rescue.
Vastu Shastra, can be defined as the ‘science of architecture’ that also accounts for the flow of positive energy into your house. It is that scientific design that bridges the gap between a myth, superstitions and science. Housing sector has witnessed different trends in terms of demand from home-buyers, and Vastu compliant homes is more than just a trend. It’s a globally accepted norm. The flow of energy into your house can impact your physical and emotional health to a great extent. Thus, it is rightly said that your home is an extension of your body and your body is an extension of your home.
Homes designed in a way that allow ample amount of natural light into your home and making way for cross ventilation, decluttering your home and its surroundings, constitute the basics of Vastu Shastra or Vastu compliant homes. Basically, Vastu Shastra is based on study of natural elements like solar energy, lunar energy, cosmic energy, wind energy, forces of earth, light energy, magnetic energy, etc. But, how does the implementation of this principle or methodology in architecture benefit us? How do Vastu compliant homes will help us lead peaceful lives? Let us take a look at some of the benefits of Vastu compliant homes.
- Harmonizes Energy: Since Vastu compliant homes are built considering the natural elements, the same principles are used to balance or harmonize the energies from the cosmos, the sun, moon, earth, light and wind.
- Brings Happiness: The apt Vastu settings can make you feel relaxed when you return from a stressful day at work. An east-facing open window is a good option to let's cool breeze into your house during summer and keep you warm during winters.
- Inner Peace: The north-east corner of your house is considered to have more positive energy than the rest of the corners in the house. So, practising meditation or any other spiritual activities in this corner of the house is considered more beneficial for both your physical and emotional health.
- Know Yourself Better: When the clutter in your mind reduces, it makes way for positive thoughts, it makes you more aware about yourself. You get a better understanding about yourself and your needs. This, in turn, can help you build harmonious relationships.
- Harmonious Relationships: The basic demand of Vastu compliant home is to declutter the mess in and around your house. As soon as you declutter your house, you allow positive energies to flow into your house, which is considered to be a good omen to build healthy relationships.
- Builds Trust: Harmonious relationships are the key to build trust amongst people. And, what more than having harmonious and faithful relationships.
- Financial Gains: Correct application of these principles has the potential to uplift your financial condition.
- Reduced Losses: Implementation of Vastu principles is an art and is a spiritual lesson in itself. Unanticipated losses can be reduced to a certain extent and this is one of the major benefits of living in Vastu compliant homes.
- Ease of Use: Many people may feel dull as soon as they wake up in the morning, but use of this concept not only makes the best use of space but makes you feel energetic when you wake up getting over a feeling of dullness.
- Revives Mind, Body and Soul: Vastu compliant homes, by considering the five elements, promise to provide a living space that is free of garbage and other clutter, may help you revive your body, mind and soul significantly. A bright and a clean house is a key to a happy, healthy and prosperous home.
Even if you opt for Vastu compliant homes, it is your responsibility to maintain clean and hygienic conditions of your home and avoid negative talks for the Vastu principles to work at its best.